Monday, December 5, 2016

A Promise Made Not to be Broken

I am officially a college instructor last November in my hometown. I remember back when Im taking up my masteral units in UP Diliman, I always make appeal letter to the dean to allow me another semester because I wanted to teach and share my knowledge to the less privileged students especially those who cant afford going to UP Diliman. And finally, when I graduated last June, I fullfilled that promise. I got hired in the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Valenzuela and now Im teaching three subjects one of which is a major subject.



I know some will be surprised why I choose in this university because the pay in the government is less than in private universities. But I followed my instinct of fullfilling my promise to UP. That I will teach to the less privilege and hopefully inspire them appreciate more civil engineering. I may not have the perfect lecture, the step by step procedure perfect for understanding the subject, but I have the passion to interrelate a subject to different subjects for better appreciation of the students.

Remember, a teacher is not supposed only to teach but to facilitate learning and to move the students to learn also on their own. Thats how I learned all my life. I didnt wait for my teachers to teach me step by step or spoonfed us. I searched in the library by myself with the motivation I got from my teachers. Thats how UP trained us also.



Anyway, my last post was about my graduation and today its my fulfillment of my promise prior to my graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment