Sunday, February 12, 2017

Blogsite as Motivation for my Students

I intend to put up all my students researches into a blogsite for them to look upon in the future. I told them to build a reputation online and one of way of doing that is showcasing their researches online. But they have not build a blogsite like this before, so I will create it for them and hopefully will motivate them to publish a more ready-to-read-online reports for the subject.

By the way, since my subject that time was hydrology, I told them that the report they will make featuring their observations on Flood depth of some barangays in valenzuela will be searchable online thus helping other citizens to be aware of the flooding situations on that place. I told them this.."Imagine your profile on Linkedin being linked to that website where you showcase your skill of doing studies like Flood Study. That will definitely boost your reputation and hopefully give you a positive impression on your future employers"..I can see how the students became wide awake suddenly when I told them this.

Thinking about this, I am glad to live up to my earlier belief that a teacher is not always there to teach alone but to become a motivator for students to take action..

Below image shows how I caught students to understand the lecture by letting them solve a hydrology problem by group..This is a hydrograph routing topic which requires iterative solution..

No comments:

Post a Comment