Sunday, February 12, 2017

MY APPROACH ON CIVIL ENGINEERING RESEARCH METHOD

This is my first subject every Saturday. I last made my legitimate thesis when I was college though I always make report writing in the office and during Masters in Diliman. So I accepted the challenge to teach the subject for the first time. To date, we are on our 12th meeting. I always like to summarize everything I did on a certain task like this one. This gives me certain fullfillment and writing it like this help me improve on my next task assuming I teach this again. So far, I think my approach on this subject is pretty good. I asked the students to researched past thesis on the school library, deans office, and even available thesis in National Library of the Philippines.

I believe in saying.." You cant learn to swim unless you get yourself wet "..That is, if I approach the subject by referring to a textbook alone, they will not learn fully if they did not researched on an actual papers available locally and online. Also, the students will become aware of the difference in approach of thesis made inside their university and researches outside which are peer reviewed thoroughly to guarantee a place in the national library.

As they searched on National Library and prepare reports, I do parallel reporting in a chosen textbook to relate the topics to the researches they made.


No comments:

Post a Comment