Tuesday, November 17, 2015

APEC 2015 Traffic Impact



Yesterday November 17, a day prior to the main APEC 2015 event, the government decided to block several main roads leading to Makati or EDSA. As I sat in the bus going to a site inspection in Laguna, I can hear the bus drivers calling their fellow drivers to halt their operation going to Manila since the blockage will cause major traffic and inconvenience on their part. I knew then that I have a problem travelling back to Manila after my site inspection and meeting.

Luckily, the site manager is on its way to Rizal after the meeting. I decided to hitch a ride to avoid the traffic since their way is on the opposite side of the Laguna de Bay. That is, we will drive towards Sta Cruz Laguna then to Pagsanjan, Lumban, Pakil all the way to Jala Jala Rizal and Tikling near Ortigas Manila. It was my first time to travel on that route and failed to see the exciting sceneries beside the Laguna Lake. As an engineer, I wanted to see the changes in the landscape of each town, how Laguna lake looks like from different places surrounding it because I had this awareness that several towns adjacent to this lake are in one way or another dependent here. I can just imagine that all rainfalls coming from the mountains on our route will ultimately drain in Laguna Lake. A hydropwer project that supplies electricity in Kalayaan Laguna is also seen in our journey.




No comments:

Post a Comment