Sunday, November 1, 2015

Earthquake in Laguna

Earlier today November 1 as we celebrate All Saint's day, there was a Magnitude 2.9 earthquake in Pagsanjan Laguna. After that, epicenter in Quezon and Mindoro followed.


If we will create a line connecting those epicenters, it will be traversing almost perpendicular to the Valley Fault System. I wonder if that means another fault line or simply each adjacent plates inside Philippines are tectonically moving. Anyway, as far as I know, I havent heard of earthquakes occurring in Laguna. THough I know based on research that there is really fault line near Laguna or approximately the Banahaw Mountains. Could this be the cause of this movement?

Last week, there was also a shaking at Mindoro while Lando was busy dumping rains on Northern part of Luzon. Lando stayed in the Philippine area of responsibility for almost a week, and such scenario have always make me conclude that strong magnetic field may have caused this kind of phenomenon to happen.

I will further do research on this..

No comments:

Post a Comment