Sunday, November 1, 2015

Why I Choose Old Books over New Books

I love reading. And since Im an engineer, I need to do self study on a lot of subjects. I realized that reading Old Classic books by known authors is still advisable FIRST than reading New Books recommended by professors. Dont get me wrong on this.

For example, most concrete design books today include Code Provisions that is normally beyond the grasp of an undergraduate student. On the other hand, older books tend to focus on the theory more than the code provisions. Thus, the absorption of Code Provisions is easier to accept because of the underlying concepts explained in older books.

Consider this new book by Fanella..








 The above book is written under new code provision..I would recommend to students reading this book by park and paulay also to further understand the theory behind the code provisions..



For sure you will thank me for this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment