Saturday, October 31, 2015

Discipline, Discipline, Discipline

As i sat down on my chair to start my day's work, I remember what I read yesterday about discipline at work. It said not to concentrate on your computer for an hour before doing any work and an hour before leaving the work in the afternoon. I guess it really is helpful. I avoided the temptation of  clicking on lots of email correspondence and internet sites which normally take our concentration away from the urgent matters to handle.
Now, going back to urgent matter. It has been a disciplined habit to write down all urgent tasks for the day and even write down previous urgent task yesterday which I was not able to performed. And guess what? It was a long list of item again!
My approach here is proven correct and tested. After writing down the lists, I will create dotted points beside those urgent items to separate the most urgent matters at hand. This easier said than done. You need to check if your urgent taks is really the urgent one. That needs coordination with your immediate boss and you should do this early in the morning as stated here.
After that, work your way on those pressing items and think with this phrase " Begin with the End in mind"..Think of the final result of this task and step by step determine how you can accomplish the task in timely manner..
I have been doing this exercise of discipline since I started working and it really helps..

No comments:

Post a Comment