Saturday, October 31, 2015

Falcon in the Metro: Its effect in La Mesa Dam

I live in northern part of Metro Manila and during this rainy season, I always need to monitor the level of dams like La Mesa in Quezon City. Today, it was reported by GMA news that its near the spilling level shown below:
lamesa
This dam which is a spillway dam, has no gates I believe. That is, if its already full, the water will only have to spill over downstream creating floods in Valenzuela and Quezon City. Water is transferred in Tullahan river all the way to Manila Bay I believe. Its been a problem since I was young and yearly this always happen. I think the government should start constructing another dam somewhere downstream to further control the water and avoid flooding us in Valenzuela.
During Habagat wayback 2013, I remember NLEX in Tullahan river were flooded after La Mesa dam continuously overflows. Consequently, when this happens, Mcarthur highway along Marulas is surely overly flooded and lots of houses will be surely in danger. These was the scenarios we, living in Valenzuela would not want to happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment